Project & Career OpportunitiesAll Opportunities
Group Chief Operating Officer – S/E Asia
Multi-national conglomerate with diverse business interests (including transportation, logistics, real estate, financial services, energy and resources) is seeking a highly qualified and experienced airport executive to oversee the management and operation of a network of airports located in south-east Asia.
Candidates for this role should have a proven track record of successfully managing airport operations at an executive level for one or more complex, high-growth international airports.
Reporting to the Group CEO, this challenging and dynamic expatriate opportunity demands leadership excellence and offers a competitive base salary, performance incentives and benefits package commensurate with the role.
Qualifications & Requirements
Responsible for managing operations of airports under the group’s management and implementing world class, best-in-class practices in airport management.
1. Responsible for overseeing airport operations of all group airports, with the airport heads of all group airports reporting to this position.
2. Proven track record of handling airport operations as a COO of one or more high-growth international airports.
3. Proven track record of change management in airport operations.
4. Proven track record of airside operations, facility and asset management and planning. Additional knowledge of retail management an added advantage.
5. Responsible for airport operational regulatory compliances, safety and environment, security, ASQ, IT, service quality, fire and rescue, slot management, engineering and maintenance, AOCC and other operational functions.
6. Collaborate with CDO on master planning and airport facility development; thus being exposed to master planning, expansion and airport design from an operational standpoint and having experience to be in a position to value add.
7. Deliver world class best practices, SOPs and operational change management based on global international exposure in airport management.
8. Commercial mindset to support CCO in initiatives on revenue enhancement at the airport level keeping in view operational practices.
9. Ability to develop and implement strategies across the organization.
10. Strong leadership qualities and ablity to adapt to a continually evolving environment, thriving in a dead-line driven work culture.
11. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion in determining the optimal strategy for resource utilization.
12. Strong people management skills and experience managing external and internal stakeholders.
13. Essential experience of liaison with statutory and regulatory authorities.
14. Ability to monitor budgets, ensure regulatory compliances and statutory obligations.
15. Ensuring operations are performed in accordance with applicable regulations, policies and practices.