Project & Career OpportunitiesAll Opportunities
Group Chief Executive Officer – S/E Asia
Multi-national conglomerate with diverse business interests (including transportation, logistics, real estate, financial services, energy and resources) is seeking a highly qualified and experienced chief executive to oversee the leadership, expansion and management the group’s airport portfolio located in south-east Asia.
Candidates for this role should have a proven track record of successful executive leadership in the development and management of a network privatized international airports or, alternatively, executive-level leadership experience in the commercial management and development of privately-owned and operated airlines.
Reporting to the Group CEO, this challenging and dynamic expatriate opportunity demands leadership excellence and offers a competitive base salary, performance incentives and benefits package commensurate with the role.
Qualifications & Requirements
Responsible for executive leadership of group’s airport subsidiary, achieving/maintaining status world-class/best-in-class international airport operator. Accountable for managing the airport business in accordance with annual/short-term/long-term business plans and achieving the annual revenue and profit targets. Incumbent to lead marketing efforts of the airport business and increase the customer base. Responsible for relationship management with existing customers, regulatory bodies, growth in profitability and P&L accountability, as well as best-practices benchmarking with airports of international reputation. Provides leadership to all functional heads in airside operations, master planning, airport development (i.e. airside, terminal and landside, commercial and finance to achieve short-term and long-term objectives).
The ideal candidate is a business leader with; strategic orientation for growth, commercial acumen for P&L, execution excellence in operations, ability to ‘attract-retain-grow talent’, build long term institutional capabilities, network, collaborate and manage relationships for original success, proven track record of success and leading growth, ability to bring world class best practices from various international airports and identify business opportunities by creating airports as a destination for external stakeholders, experience in dealing with regulatory authorities.
1. Provide leadership to airports covering all business verticals viz., Aero & Non – Aero Operations & service functions such as Business Development/ Commercial, HR, F&A, IT, Security, HSE & CSR with strategic inputs for revenue generation and business development.
2. Analyze business and market trends/ industry trends / competitor position and accordingly formulate business strategy and pricing strategy along with internal stake holders. Business Intelligence management.
3. To bring World class best practices from various international airports of repute.
4. Prepare annual Capex and Opex budgets and get approval from the management. Set and achieve annual targets for market share, cargo volumes, revenues and EBITDA. Single point accountability for P&L.
5. Identify business opportunities, creating airports as a destination for external stakeholders, aero-city development.
6. Review monthly operating expenses, EBITDA, operations performance, ensuring safety timely corrective actions
7. Conduct departmental review meetings, identify gaps and ensure corrective actions.
8. Lead marketing efforts of airport and conduct periodic reviews.
9. Review implementation of Business Continuity Plan, disaster management, safety and security policy/procedures/protocols as head of Emergency Response Team (ERT).
10. Project the corporate brand image of through regular interaction with customers governments/grantors and other state/regulatory authorities and allied fraternity.
11. Stakeholders Management;
a. Build and maintain relationship with major current and potential customers, while ensuring increase in revenue from existing and new customers and markets.
b. Receive feedback from customers and ensure complaints/suggestions are addressed in a timely manner.
12. Foster corporate culture, motivate the team and develop a work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and
motivating top talent at all levels.
13. Develop leadership pipeline for taking up higher responsibilities. Formulation and implementation of effective succession plan for critical positions.
14. Monitor and direct corporate social responsibility activities in local communities for various airports.
15. Ensure effective liaising with important stakeholders including government authorities, inspection agencies relevant state and central government authorities and allied fraternity.